The Health Protection Team are responsible for:
Monitoring, investigation and control of communicable disease and environmental hazards in Grampian.
- Identification and management of outbreaks in the community and the management of major hospital outbreaks.
- Support and advice to the Local Authorities, Emergency Services, Scottish Water, Animal Health and NHS staff.
- Co-ordination of immunisation programmes and provision of advice to professionals.
- Education and training to a wide range of professional groups.
The Health Protection Team service is available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
- For more information on TB please visit the HI-Net TB webpage
- During office hours please phone 01224 558520
- In an emergency please phone 0845 456 6000 and ask for the public health on call.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Information and Links
- NHS Grampian website- Health Protection – These pages contain information relating to immunisation, legislation, publications and training.
- Health Protection Scotland – Health Protection Scotland (HPS) was established by the Scottish Government in 2005 to strengthen and co-ordinate health protection in Scotland.