The number of people infected with sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and blood borne viruses (HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C) continue to rise in Grampian and Scotland, and unintended teenage pregnancies remain a concern. Prevention and education are therefore a priority at both local and national levels.
Jackie Williams is the Blood Borne Virus (BBV) and Sexual Health Improvement Trainer for NHS Grampian with a specific remit to develop, deliver and evaluate BBV and sexual health training for professionals across Grampian. Jackie’s contact details are at the bottom of this webpage.
The BBV training is well established and a structured rolling programme is available for all NHS staff. Awareness sessions, workshops and bespoke training on HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C can also be delivered to key workers and professionals in all health, social care or voluntary services and teams.
Sexual health education for non clinical staff and specific training around learning disabilities and LGBT support is well established and available throughout the year. Bespoke sexual health training events and educational packages can be designed and delivered to various single and multi-agency groups and professionals upon request.
You can view upcoming training sessions on the Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus (BBV) Training Calendar 2017-2018
- Grampian Face2Face Training and Resources 2016
- Sexual Health and Relationships Education( SHARE ) Resources section
Further information about these sessions – including the aims, target audience and learning outcomes – can be found by clicking on the links below:
- BBV Training – Safety & Infection Control 2016 – Aimed at all clinical staff who come into contact with blood and body fluids
- Sexplanation – Tackling the issues surrounding talking to young people about sex and relationship issues
- Diversity Challenge LGBT – Tackling the issues surrounding Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) with young people.
- SHARE – A one day basic introductory event for professionals who work with children and young people who have learning disabilities
- Viral Hepatitis – Enhancing the Role of Services for Vulnerable Young People and Improving the Sexual Health of Drug Users with Scottish Drugs Forum
For anyone wanting further details about the BBV/Sexual Health training programmes or how to book on any other BBV/Sexual Health courses please contact:
Sexual Health/BBV Trainer
Health Protection Team
t. 01224 58652
Back to Sexual Health Homepage