- Free condoms are available at registered suppliers throughout Grampian- list of
suppliers available at: www.nhsgrampian.org/sexualhealth/
- The NHS Grampian ‘Free Condoms’ distribution handbook outlines how the ‘Free Condoms’ service operates in Grampian including who the service is for, what the features are and how distributors and service users can access this.
- HIV-Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) :
PEP pathway – Only available on NHS Grampian Network
- Long acting reversible contraception (LARC):
Information about LARC for professionals is available at:
www.nhsgrampian.org/sexualhealth/ (Go to training and education page)
and: http://newcgi.grampian.scot.nhs.uk/directory/medical/sexual%20health/default.aspx – Only available on NHS Grampian Network
Information for the public, including alternative formats and languages is available from NHS Grampian resources: www.nhsghpcat.org
For enquiries about LARC training please e-mail: grampian.SRHtraining@nhs.net
- Hepatitis A and B vaccines should be offered to individuals at risk.
- Injecting drug users: A full list of injecting equipment providers is available here on HI-Net
- Resources: A range of resources to promote awareness of sexual health and BBV’s can be ordered from: www.nhsghpcat.org
Consider Blood Borne Virus testing if:
- Patient has ever injected.
- Has lived/ worked /received healthcare in a country with a high incidence of BBV’s (all countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Eastern and Southern Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific islands.)
- Is a man who has sex with men.
- Has ever been in prison.
- Presents with any clinical indicator conditions. List of conditions can be accessed at:
- Full testing guidelines are available here: NHS Grampian BBV Testing Guidance
Support and treatment
- Grampian Sexual Health Services: www.nhsgrampian.org/sexualhealth
Or phone 03453379900
- Support Organisations:
A list of support organisations in Grampian is available at: http://www.grampiancaredata.gov.uk/