What we eat can make a considerable difference to our health. A balanced diet is important for everyone, whatever their age. In Grampian we are working together to make sure that everybody can enjoy the many benefits of eating a healthy diet.
To eat a healthier diet:
- Base your meals on starchy foods that include breads, rice, potatoes and pasta
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables
- Eat more fish
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar
- Try to eat less salt – no more than 6g a day
- Get active and try to be a healthy weight
- Drink plenty of water
- Don’t skip breakfast
Eating a balanced diet is a positive step we can all take towards improving our health.
Health Improvement Coordinator
Tel: 01224 558 601
Health Improvement Advisor – Catering
Tel: 01224 558 414
Local and National Links
Nutrition documents are available via the Document Library.
A list of nutrition related websites can also be found on the Nutrition Weblinks page
Back to HEAL Homepage