The Health Improvement Programme is responsible for providing leadership on the following priority health topics and led by:
- Health Promoting Health Service (HPHS): Imran Arain, email@example.com
- Healthy Eating, Active Living (HEAL): Caroline Comerford, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Healthy and Work/ Healthy Working Lives: Hazel Dempsey, email@example.com
- Maternal and Infant Nutrition (MIN): Joanne Riach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mental Health: Imran Arain, email@example.com
- Oral Health: Karen Tosh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sexual Health: Penny Gillies, email@example.com
- Tobacco: Hazel Dempsey, firstname.lastname@example.org
The role involves leading and/or supporting the interpretation of national policy/strategy with Scottish Government and national partners, and evidence based practice within the Grampian context and assisting in the implementation at a local level through engagement with Health and Social Care Partnerships, Local Authorities and other relevant partners. The team also consists of topic advisors and/or service co-ordinators who deliver topic specific health promotion information, campaigns, projects, programmes and services in line with strategy implementation. In addition the team is responsible for building capacity (skills, knowledge and resources) to promote health in respect of health topics through the delivery of a training programmes for professionals and educational sessions for population groups.
For information about NHS Grampian healthpoint and Health Information Resource Service please visit the Health Promotion Services webpage.
Back to Health Improvement Homepage