What is Healthy Helpings?
Healthy Helpings, is a free 6 week course which offers a fun, interactive and informative way of finding out more about healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle, and the best way to put it into practice in your everyday life.
Who is it for?
Healthy Helpings is suitable for adults over the age of 16 who want to lose weight. Healthy Helpings is not suitable for children.
As a part of a group of 10-12 people you will come to Healthy Helpings for 1 hour, once a week for 6 weeks.
Sessions will include:
- The importance of healthy eating and exercise in achieving a healthy lifestyle
- Quick, easy healthy meal ideas
- Making sense of food labels
- The importance of fluid
- The effect of alcohol on calorie intake
- Keeping going!
- Lose weight with the Healthy Helpings Leaflet
- Please find attached the latest Healthy Helpings Programme Timetable
- Please find attached the Healthy Helpings Newsletter
Healthy Helpings will continue to operate in its current format but at a reduced level for the time being. Availability of the programme in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire will be focused on the areas and venues where there is greatest demand.
Healthy Helpings Services
Woodend Hospital Site
Tel: 01224 556556 (ext 56556)
Classes in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are organised by the Healthy Helpings Co-ordinator. Calling the above number is all it takes to receive more information and also book a place into a class.
For Healthy Helpings classes in Moray please contact Moray’s Dietetic department :
Department of Nutrition & Dietetics
Dr Gray’s Hospital
Elgin IV30 1SN
Tel: (01343) 567350
Fax: (01343) 567487
Back to Adult Healthy Weight Homepage