01224 556 274
Model of the Integrated Care Pathway for Adult Weight Management in Grampian
Downloadable PDF Document
TIER 1 Resources and Options
- BMI Calculator – Find out if your weight is healthy or not
- Useful Leaflets:
- Brief Intervention – Currently in development
- Useful Websites:
- Physical Activity – To be updated soon
- Other Useful Services to Consider:
- NHS Grampian healthpoints – offer health information in person and on the telephone. Free weight checks also available (also for wheelchair users).
- Cash In Your Pocket – The Cash In Your Pocket Team co-ordinate an online directory of services that can help with specific needs. This easy to access tool, provides a real-time guide to available services and can be used by anyone looking for, or providing support, to others seeking help, or advice.
- CFINE – Community Food Initiatives North East
TIER 2 Options
TIER 3 Options
“Weigh Forward”, the Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management Service pilot scheme, is coming to an end and will be closing at the end of 2017.
As a result, the service can no longer accept new referrals with immediate effect. Patients who have already been assessed or offered assessment appointments will be able to complete their treatment up to December 2017.
They will also be writing directly to all of the patients currently on our waiting list. It is important to them that they provide personalised support to these patients and they will each be offered an appointment and provided with information about self-management and other services that they can access.
If you have any comments or questions or would like to discuss this change, please contact Fiona Francey, Divisional General Manager, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary on ext 59879 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIER 4 Options
- Complex Obesity Services – Bariatric Surgery