The remit of the group is to provide advice in relation to strategy and decision-making for both clinical and non-clinical interventions in the management of addictions to alcohol and other drugs. This resource is available to the agencies of the three Alcohol and Drug Partnerships (ADP) (Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray) and the NHS in Grampian Specifically this entails:
- evaluating the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of established and emerging interventions using published evidence, including systematic reviews and national guidelines
- making recommendations that represent best practice and best value in relation to established and emerging treatments and harm reduction interventions for individuals and the wider community
- supporting the development of quality assurance frameworks, standard setting, monitoring and reporting
- advising on development of clinical practice, training and personal development for managing this client group
Requests for topics to be reviewed can come from members of the three ADPs, their subgroups and any other relevant interested parties.
Related Group Documents
- Click here to download the Suggestion Form. (Word document, 29kb)
- Click here to view Terms of Reference of the group (Word Document 21kb)
- Literature Searches: Titles and summaries of recent substance misuse publications provided on a quarterly basis.
- Topic Guidance: Local interpretation of national guidance.
- Topic Specific Rapid Literature Reviews: Brief literature-based topic guides.