In Aberdeenshire “A Guide to Improving Health and Reducing Inequalities in Aberdeenshire 2011-2015” has been developed and endorsed by the Leader of Aberdeenshire Council. The guidance is intended to be useful for all Community Planning Partners working at strategic and local community level. In summary the guidance:
- Outlines the strategic and local context for health improvement, e.g. Equally Well; Grampian Health Plan 2010-2013, Aberdeenshire Single Outcome Agreement and Community Plan 2011- 2015 and provides links to Local Community Plans.
- Details the guiding principles for health improvement activity and a profile of Aberdeenshire e.g. demography, health data and rural deprivation and isolation.
- Drills down to the current seven health improvement priorities in Aberdeenshire, these are: Reducing Inequalities in Health; Early Years; Mental Health and Wellbeing; Tobacco; Alcohol and other Drugs; Healthy Eating Active Living; Building Capacity.
- Provides evidence for each priority and highlights why we are focussing our efforts on working in partnership to address the causes and consequences of health inequalities across Aberdeenshire.
- Informs on how and whom we report on progress of health improvement projects and towards targets.
Much progress has been achieved on improving health in Aberdeenshire since the 2007-2010 Joint Health Improvement Plan. The guidance emphasises the increasing need to narrow our focus and utilise available evidence to support working with priority groups.
Summary of “A Guide To Improving Health and Reducing Inequalities 2011-2015”
During the consultation process for “A Guide To Improving Health and Reducing Inequalities 2011-2015” requests for a summary version of the document were highlighted. An eight page summary version is now available.
- Environmental Health Service Issues and Health Protection in Aberdeenshire
- Summary of proposed action from Grampian Health Plan – what it could mean for Community Planning Partners in Aberdeenshire?
- Fair Society, Healthy Lives – The Marmot Review (Executive Summary)
- Aberdeenshire CHP Workstreams
- Monitoring update of current JHIP – September 2010