To lead, co-ordinate and facilitate consistent, evidence based approaches to public health across Aberdeenshire, in order to reduce health inequalities and improve the health and wellbeing of the population of Aberdeenshire.
- Develop, implement and evaluate public health action.
- Develop and support the role of multi-agency partners and all health professionals as improvers, by building public health capacity throughout the Community Planning Partnership
- Support links between locally delivered health services and the community planning structures to reduced health inequalities and improve health and wellbeing of the population of Aberdeenshire
- Promote and support a community asset approach to health and wellbeing, to enable both individuals and communities to take more responsibility for their own and their families health and to promote social inclusion.
Aberdeenshire Public Health Team
The Aberdeenshire Public Health team work across the six local community planning areas. See below for further information on Public Health Co-ordinators. Please link to about us for information about the wider Public Health team.
- George Rutten – Advanced PHC (Banff & Buchan)
- Calvin Little – Advanced PHC (Buchan)
- Fiona Murray – Advanced PHC (Kincardine & Mearns)
- Carolyn Lamb – Area PHC for both Formartine & Garioch areas.
- Dawn Tuckwood – Area PHC for Marr.
The Public Health Team meet every 4 weeks. Minutes are available from Mandy Thow (email@example.com).