The Healthy Hoose staff have been seeing the residents of Middlefield since August 1999. We offer a wide range of healthcare services and can deal with many of your health queries and concerns saving an unnecessary journey to your surgery. Your GP knows we are here and is happy for us to help you if we can.
We provide a service for everyone in the community with all contacts being confidential. We have access to Language Line.
You can be seen at the Healthy Hoose if you live in Middlefield or Cummings Park and are registered with a GP in Aberdeen.
The nurse practitioners at the Healthy Hoose offer a drop-in system and a wide range of services, some of which are listed below.
- minor injury/minor illness advice and treatment
- smear tests/well women/ well man checks
- emergency contraception (morning after pill), free condoms, pregnancy testing and most types of contraception
- immunisations – children and adults
- health information leaflets
- smoking cessation advice and nicotine replacement therapy
- reviews of long term conditions i.e. asthma, diabetes, heart disease
- also available for telephone advice on 01224 558928.
Our counsellor offers support to people experiencing problems like:
- anxiety, stress and depression
- bereavement and or loss
- relationship or other personal issues
- drug or alcohol problems
- weight issues and/or eating disorders.
She can see people on a one-off basis. She also offers longer term counselling for anyone who wants to explore, understand and hopefully resolve any issues they might have.
Contact 01224 558928 for further information.
The podiatrist sees existing clients for chiropody: she takes referrals from the Healthy Hoose team and self referrals. She is happy to do one-off consultations. As well as treatment, she looks at the health promotion aspects of podiatry. She arranges her own appointments.
Credit Unions are financial organisations owned by their members and provide accessible savings, low cost loans and other financial services.
There is a ramp, stair lift and toilet.
Out of Hours
Contact NHS 24 on 111.
Reception and Administration
Our receptionist will take your details on arrival and check them at each visit. We require this information as we have to keep records.
General Opening Times
Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri: 9am-5pm
The service is closed for lunch 1pm-2pm.
To be seen in the morning period please come in before 12.45pm or to be seen in the afternoon period please come in before 4.45pm.
Wednesday – Friday 10.00am – 5.00pm
Every second Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 11.45am – 12.45pm
Healthy Hoose @ The Hub
Tel: 01224 558928