Welcome to the October 2017 edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin!
We hope you find this bulletin useful, and like always we welcome your feedback, requests and comments. Just contact the HI-Net Team on email@example.com to get in touch. Also, if you are the author of an area on HI-Net and have any content to update, please get in touch.
I would like to use this to introduce myself as the new HI-Net Advisor. I will be working part time from Tuesdays through to Friday. Please get in touch with any updates or changes to the website and i will do my best to help with any queries.
Thank you for your time!
October Events Calendar
This Med-Chi lecture will take place at Medico-Chirurgical Hall, Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD. On Thursday 5th October 2017 from 7pm – 9pm.
These trainings takes place various dates throughout the year 2017 in different locations ( Woodend Hospital, Dr Gray’s Hospital and Suttie Centre )
Monday 9th October 4-5pm, N108 Sir Ian Wood Building, Garthdee Campus
The healthpoint hold monthly campaigns inclusive of activity weeks for the staff and public to take a practical approach to health with help from specialist services. These campaigns are all done in line with both local and national campaigns. Please see the healthpoint campaigns below.
Breast Cancer and Cancer Awareness
Lumps aren’t the only sign of breast cancer
National leaflet if available (The early signs of bowel cancer are often hidden)
healthpoint and healthline offer free, confidential advice and information on a number of health concerns: 08085 20 20 30
Other National/ Global Health Campaigns
- Breast cancer awareness month https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/
- International day of older persons 1st October http://www.un.org/en/events/olderpersonsday/
- National arthritis week 9th-16th October arthritisresearchuk.org
- Baby loss awareness week 9th-15th October babyloss-awareness.org
- National Braille week 9th-15th October royalblind.org
- Dyspraxia awareness week 9th-15th October dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk
- Scottish mental health week no date yet https://www.samh.org.uk/
- World mental health day 10th October http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/
- World sight day 12th October http://www.iapb.org/home
- World arthritis day 12th October http://worldarthritisday.org/
- The big pink (breast cancer care) 13th October https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/the-big-pink
- Global hand washing day 15th October globalhandwashing.org/global-handwashing-day/
- Wear it pink (Breast cancer) 20th October breastcancernow.org
- World osteoporosis day 20th October http://worldosteoporosisday.org/
- International brain tumour awareness week 21st-28th October theibta.org
- Post polio syndrome day 22nd October britishpolio.org.uk
HI-Net Content Updates
- Updated Evidence Updates Homepage with latest key documents
- Updated Healthy Hoose Webpage
- Updated Banchory and Insch Cervical Screening webpage
- Updated Surgical Dentistry Webpage
- Updated Events webpage with Med Chi Lecture
- Updated Events webpage with RGU School of Nursing and Midwifery Research Seminar Programme- October 2017
- Updated Health Point Campaign
- New document on Grampian Self Management Network
- A note of the meeting of the Grampian Self-Management Network held at the North East Scotland College, Fraserburgh on 16 August 2017 Grampain Self Management Network 16 August 2017
- Updated NHS Grampian Managed Clinical Network (MCN) for Oral and Dental Health page
- Updated NHS Grampian Managed Clinical Network (MCN) for Sexual Health and BBV page
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated in November 2017.