Welcome to the November 2017 edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin!
We hope you find this bulletin useful, and like always we welcome your feedback, requests and comments. Just contact the HI-Net Team on email@example.com to get in touch. Also, if you are the author of an area on HI-Net and have any content to update, please get in touch.
Thank you for your time!
Step Count Challenge
Dig out your favourite walking shoes, the Paths for All Step Count Challenge is back!
The Step Count Challenge begins on Monday 30th October. Over four weeks, teams of five will track their daily steps, go for lunchtime walks together and take part in weekly activities for the chance to win prizes. The aim of the challenge is to encourage people to be more active during the working day.
Get your team together, choose a winning team name, and get ready for a fun and active autumn.
Visit http://stepcount.org.uk/ to find out more and register!
Hermeneutic Phenomenology Methodology Course
RGU School of Nursing & Midwifery are hosting a Hermeneutic Phenomenology Course and Symposium. This is a joint venture between the University of Central Lancashire and Robert Gordon University. The course is aimed at postgraduate research students, researchers, postgraduate supervisors, and other academics working within health and social care areas who are new/novices in this theoretical and methodological approach.
During the 5 day course from Monday 23rd to Friday 27th April 2018 at Robert Gordon’s University, participants will receive an introduction to, and beginning experience in, designing hermeneutic phenomenology studies, collecting and analysing data, and reporting themes, qualities and patterns.
Care about Physical Activity (CAPA)
The Care Inspectorate has been commissioned by the Scottish Government to lead the ‘Care…about physical activity (CAPA) improvement programme’. Working with eight partnerships across Scotland, the programme will run until October 2018 and the CAPA team will build on the skills, knowledge and confidence of social care staff to enable those they care for to increase their levels of physical activity and move more often. Social care staff will also discover ways to be more active themselves.
The following partnerships are involved in the programme: Aberdeenshire, East Ayrshire, East Renfrewshire, Glasgow City, Inverclyde, North Lanarkshire, Perth and Kinross, and Stirling & Clackmannanshire.
For information and updates visit the website at http://hub.careinspectorate.com/improvement/care-about-physical-activity/
November Events Calendar
This Med-Chi lecture on “Giving a Personal View on how we save General Practice” on Thursday 2nd November 2017 from 7pm – 9pm. At Medico-Chirurgical Hall, Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD
Tuesday 14th November 4-5pm, N108 Sir Ian Wood Building, Garthdee Campus
These trainings takes place various dates throughout the year 2017 in different locations(Woodend Hospital, Dr Gray’s Hospital and Suttie Centre)
The healthpoint hold monthly campaigns inclusive of activity weeks for the staff and public to take a practical approach to health with help from specialist services. These campaigns are all done in line with both local and national campaigns. Please see the healthpoint campaigns below.
Get ready for winter
So what can you do? materials
Know who to turn to range of materials
healthpoint and healthline offer free, confidential advice and information on a number of health concerns: 08085 20 20 30
Other National/ Global Health Campaigns
- Mouth cancer month http://www.mouthcancer.org/
- Movember-Men’s mental health awareness month https://uk.movember.com/
- Lung cancer awareness month roycastle.org
- Befriending Week 1st-7th November http://www.kdbefriending.org.uk/
- National stress awareness day 1st November isma.org.uk
- World pneumonia day 12th November http://stoppneumonia.org/
- Self care week 13th-19th November selfcareforum.org
- Alcohol awareness month 13th-19th November alcoholconcern.org.uk
- World diabetes day 14th November http://www.idf.org/wdd-index/
- Blue Wednesday(mouth cancer) 15th November mouthcancer.org/blue-wednesday
- World COPD awareness day 15th November blf.org.uk
- World prematurity day 17th November http://www.bliss.org.uk/
- World pancreatic cancer day 17th November pancreaticcanceraction.org
HI-Net Content Updates
- Updated Events webpage with Med Chi Lecture
- Updated Events webpage with RGU School of Nursing and Midwifery Research Seminar Programme- November 2017
- New Alcohol and Drug Partnership Bulletin Page
- New Making Every Opportunity Count No Delays Page
- New Making Every Opportunity Count Videos Page
- Updated Alcohol and Drug Partnership Page
- New Substance Misuse Alert Section on Alcohol and Drugs Partnership Page
- New Alcohol and Drug Partnership Monthly Bulletin Page
- Updated Sexual Health and BBV Key Messages – Professionals Page
- Updated Health Inequalities Page
- Updated Health Promoting Schools – Aberdeen City Page
- Updated Alcohol Brief Interventions (ABI) Resources Page
- Updated Sexual Health and BBV Key Messages – General Public Page
- Updated Sexual Health and BBV Key Messages – Young People Page
- Updated Public Health Directorate Page
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated in December 2017.
Back to Homepage