Welcome to the February 2017 edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin!
All feedback is great, so if you have any comments or questions about the bulletin and/or website please don’t hesitate to contact the HI-Net team on email@example.com. Also, if you are the author of an area on HI-Net and have any content to update, please get in touch.
Thank you for your time, we hope you find this bulletin useful!
- New HI-Net Health Campaigns Calendar for 2017
To help keep you up to date with upcoming health campaigns, HI-Net has developed the Health Campaigns Calendar 2017
- Quality and Safety in Healthcare Event – 13th June 2017 Call for Oral and Poster Presentation Abstracts
The 6th Annual Quality and Safety in Healthcare Event will be held in the Suttie centre on Tuesday 13th June 2017. The call for Oral Presentations (closing date 12th February 2017) and Poster Abstracts (closing date 5th March 2017) is NOW OPEN.
For more information please click on the link here:
Call for Oral Presentations 2017
Call for Poster Presentations 2017
- New resource ‘Alcohol and Later Life’
This leaflet is designed for healthcare professionals or carers who are taking a holistic approach to the health and wellbeing of an older person.
No age range has been assigned to the older person as the advice contained within the publication is appropriate for any age group where health is impaired but is particularly relevant to the older adult who may be experiencing issues related to alcohol, food and medications.
You can access the leaflet here: Alcohol & Later Life
- Research Seminar Events Programme January – June 2017
RGU School of Nursing & Midwifery conducting Research Seminar Events Programme from January 2017 -June 2017.
To find out more about January event, please click on the following link: Research Seminar Flyer Jan- 2017
For about more on other dates Research Seminar Programme Jan- Jun 2017
- New Comic Relief Funding Programme
A new Comic Relief grants programme “Levelling the Field”, a UK and International initiative which seeks to use the power of sport to empower women and girls has been launched.
Further information, eligibility criteria and how to apply can be found here
- UKPHR – Public Health Register
UKPHR invites applications for appointment to one of UKPHR’s posts of Moderator.
Moderation is integral to the quality assurance of UKPHR’s assessment standards and processes.
For further information on the role description, person specification and how to apply, please click here.
If you wish to apply to join the moderation team, please send in applications by 4.00pm on Monday 20th February 2017.
- Consultation to assist the Aberdeen City Health & Social Care Partnership commissioning of Third Sector Alcohol & Drugs services
An online consultation to assist the Aberdeen City Health & Social Care Partnership commissioning of Third Sector Alcohol & Drug Services has been launched today. It can be accessed at:
They are keen to hear your views on alcohol and drug services in Aberdeen City. Your answers to the 14 consultation questions will help shape how services work in future.
This consultation closes on the 24th February 2017. Respondents are free to answer as many questions as they wish or feel are relevant to them.
- Register now for the 2017 Scottish Workplace Journey Challenge
The Challenge is all about taking part and encouraging more people to try changing the way they travel. The Scottish Workplace Journey Challenge runs from 1 March – 31 March 2017.
To register and for more information: The Scottish Workplace Journey Challenge 2017
February Events Calendar
February healthpoint Campaign
The healthpoint hold monthly campaigns inclusive of activity weeks for the staff and public to take a practical approach to health with help from specialist services. These campaigns are all done in line with both local and national campaigns. Please see the healthpoint campaigns below.
Healthy Heart Month
What could you do in ten minutes? Making small changes to your daily routine can make a big difference to your heart health – which in the long term could save your life. Drop into healthpoint , we have a large selection of BHF booklets to help you improve your heart health.
healthpoint and healthline offer free, confidential advice and information on a number of health concerns: 08085 20 20 30
Other National/ Global Health Campaigns
- Raynaud’s awareness month sruk.co.uk
- National Heart month bhf.org.uk
- LGBT History month http://www.lgbthistory.org.uk/
- Dignity Action day 1st February dignityincare.org.uk/Dignity_Action_day/
- World cancer day 4th February http://www.worldcancerday.org/
- Tinnitus awareness week 6th-12th February http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/
- Safer internet day 7th February http://www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day
- International childhood cancer day 15th February http://www.internationalchildhoodcancerday.org/
- Eating disorders awareness week 25th February-5th March https://www.b-eat.co.uk/
- Rare disease day 28th February http://www.raredisease.org.uk/
HI-Net Content Updates
- New HI-Net Health Campaigns Calendar 2017
- New Health Improvement Alert December 2016
- New webpage for Community Justice, Health and Wellbeing.
- Updated Making Every Opportunity Count (MeOC) webpage.
- Updated SHARE Resources page Sexual Health and Relationships Education( SHARE ) Resources .
- Updated Healthy Working Lives (HWL) webpage.
- ABI Training for Trainers page with updated versions of the documents
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated in March.
Back to Homepage