Welcome to the September 2016 edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin!
We hope you find this bulletin useful, and like always we welcome your feedback, requests and comments. Just contact the HI-Net Team on firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
Thank you for your time!
- Health Improvement Officer- Neighbourhoods The Aberdeen City Health and Social Care Partnership – Public Health Team now require an enthusiastic and self motivated individual who has the ability to work flexibly with a range of colleagues and partners to create opportunities for development within the city. Closing date Wednesday 14th September 2016. To find out more please click on the following link View the vacancy online
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid for Young People A course is available for anyone who wants to be a mental health first aider to offer support to young people and professional groups from junior to senior level management. To find out more Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid for Young People
- The UK Chief Medical Officers’ Low Risk Drinking Guidelines were published on 25th August 2016. To find out more UK Chief Medical Officers – Low Risk Alcohol Guidelines (August 2016)
- The Active Aberdeen Partnership (AAP) is now seeking to appoint a Voluntary Chairperson with the energy, vision and ambition that will help drive forward the AAP’s work. To find out more please click on the following link Active Aberdeen Partnership Candidate Pack. Closing date Friday 9th September 2016
- This year’s Recovery Week programme for Central Area is on 12th-16th September 2016. To find out more please click on the following link Recovery Week programme for Central Area. For booking form please click here
- The Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland reports on NHS wards across Scotland – August 2016. There are two reports for NHS Grampian wards
For more details Visit http://www.mwcscot.org.uk/
- This year’s Sexual Health Update Event at the AECC on Thursday 15th September 2016. To find out more please Click here.
- Aberdeenshire Alcohol and Drug Partnership are conducting a learning needs survey to identify what opportunities should be made available to support people whose work brings them in contact with the people or issues that are affected by alcohol or drugs.Please click on the following link to complete the questionnaire Alcohol and Drugs Learning needs survey.
Events Calendar September 2016
This training takes place on following dates:
Induction – Wednesday 14 September 2016
Day 1 – Tuesday 4 October 2016
Day 2 – Tuesday 8 November 2016
Day 3 – Tuesday 29 November 2016 at Teaching & Conference Room, South Block, Woodend Hospital, Aberdeen
Raising the Issue of Smoking Training Course 20th September at Dunbarney House, Elgin.
Caring for Smiles 22nd September at The Health Village, Aberdeen.
Other National/ Global Health Campaigns
- Suicide Prevention Week 5th-11th September
- National Blood Pressure Awareness Week 12th-18th September
- Smoking Advice Service (SAS) page updated with new Online Referral Form
- New NHS Health Scotland Health Improvement Alert August 2016
- Making every Opportunity Count (MeOC) page updated with a new video
- Public Health Key Documents for July 2016 is updated.
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on email@example.com. Also, if you are the author of an area on HI-Net and have any content to update, please get in touch.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated next month in October.