Welcome to the October 2016 edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin!
We hope you find this bulletin useful, and like always we welcome your feedback, requests and comments. Just contact the HI-Net Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you are the author of an area on HI-Net and have any content to update, please get in touch.
Thank you for your time!
- Director of Public Health, NHS Grampian 2015/16 Annual Report is available now.
This years’ annual report focuses on how to improve the wellbeing of children growing up in Grampian. “Improving the wellbeing of children is everyone’s business. It requires commitment, communication and investment from public, private and third sector
organisations across the North East. I would like to thank the many individuals and public, private and third sector organisations that have helped put this report together.” Susan Webb, Director of Public Health.
DPH Report- associated video Please click here
- Latest version of Grampian Health and Wellbeing Compendium – October 2016
- New Mental Health Aberdeen initiative: The Club. The Club is a new initiative being launched by Mental Health Aberdeen (MHA), which will extend the support provision in Aberdeen City to adults with enduring mental health issues. The first meeting of The Club is on Friday 28th October between 1.30pm and 4pm at the Aberdeen Health Village. It will initially be run as a pilot project for eight consecutive weeks but providing there is sufficient support and need, it will continue on a permanent basis.
If you are interested in joining or supporting The Club please telephone 01224 590510 or e-mail email@example.com for further information.
For more details please click here
- Infected blood awareness campaign. An awareness-raising campaign alerting anyone who had a blood transfusion in Scotland before September 1991 to their potential risk of hepatitis C infection has been launched. The measure was recommended by a working group set up by the Scottish Government in the wake of the Penrose Inquiry into infected NHS blood products. The recommendation is to ensure everyone who may have been affected has the opportunity to be tested and, if necessary, treated for the virus.
Visit NHS Resources Catalogue – www.nhsghpcat.org to order flyers and posters.
- Job Vacancy – Health Improvement Officer (Keep Well). ‘Keep Well’ programme pathways – vulnerable populations in non GP practice settings. This short term six month part time (15 hours per week) post will support partner organisations to embed Keep Well in their own processes. If you would like the opportunity to build your experience of developing pathways and working with partner agencies and organisations to review, evaluate and further develop practice that will address health inequalities in practical ways for clients and patients.
To obtain a job description for this post, please click the following link: View the vacancy online.
If you are interested, please contact Linda Smith, Public Health Lead, Aberdeen Health & Social Care Partnership, tel 01224 655745, email firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: Wednesday 26th October 2016
Events Calendar October 2016
Caring for Smiles This training takes place on 18th October at The Health Village, Aberdeen.
Viral Hepatitis Training with Hepatitis Scotland and Improving the Sexual Health of Drug Users This training takes place on 25th and 26th October from 10.00am to 4pm at Citadel, Aberdeen.
Making it Easy: Health literacy to improve health and social care outcomes
By: NHS Education for Scotland. This event takes place on Wednesday, 26 October 2016
The Grassmarket Centre – Grassmarket Community Project, 86 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh, EH1 2QA.
healthpoint and healthline offer free, confidential advice and information on a number of health concerns: 08085 20 20 30
For more information about NHS Grampian healthpoint please visit the HI-Net healthpoints area
Other National/ Global Health Campaigns
- Breast cancer Awareness Month – https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/
- Scottish Mental Health Week 10th-16th – https://www.samh.org.uk/
Grampian Health and Wellbing compendium
DPH Report associated video
Supported Self-Care and Self-Management — Content updated
ABI Training for Trainers’ Resources – Documents updated as per new alcohol guidelines
Public Health Key Documents – Public Health Key Documents – September 2016
Health Improvement Alert- September 2016
Health Inequalites Alert- August/September 2016
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on email@example.com.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated next month in November.