HI-Net Member’s Bulletin – October 2015
Welcome to the October 2015 edition of Grampian’s Health Improvement Network (HI-Net) Bulletin! The bulletin is designed to inform all HI-Net members about recent developments to the HI-Net website, such as content updates and upcoming events such training courses, conferences and campaigns. The bulletin is distributed on a monthly basis as a web-link emailed to your work e-mail address. Thank you for your time and we hope you enjoy this year’s first HI-Net bulletin!
- Age Scotland have produced a Health Information Guide to help older people look after their health.
- Aberdeen City Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) draft strategic plan is now available for feedback
- A Survey of secondary school pupils reveals the majority of pupils are being exposed to e-cigarette marketing.
- A joint report between the Scottish Human Rights Commission and the Mental Welfare Commission has been published, to meet commitment 5 of the Mental Health Strategy for Scotland 2012-2015
- The Scottish Health Survey 2014 has now been published.
- A new tool to help health professionals highlight the importance of physical activity to patients will be launched by Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer.
- Aberdeen City Alcohol and Drugs Partnership (ADP) have committed non –recurring funds toward community project initiatives in line with both its alcohol and drug strategies (deadline is 16th October)
- Over the next two years, different ways of delivering healthcare will be tested by the formation of ‘community care teams’.
- The finalists for the Self Management Awards 2015 have now been announced
- 3.5% more cervical screening tests were carried out in Scotland this year, according to ISD Scotland statistics.
- The results from the Scottish Household Survey 2014 have now been published.
- £1 million investment for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) staff training.
- An evaluation of the 4th Annual Quality and Safety in Healthcare Event, along with themed presentations and posters is now available by clicking on this link
- Good Mental Health for All paper has now been published by NHS Health Scotland
- The dates for the next round of Aberdeen City Health and Social Care Workshops have been released. To book your place and find out more details please click on this link.
October Events Calendar
- Working with Young People who are Sexually Active – 10th Oct
- New Psychoactive Substances (Inc. Child Protection) Awareness Training – 13th Oct
- Redesigning Health Information for Parents (ReHIP) – 19th, 20th and 28th Oct
- Chemsex in Scotland – Starting the Conversation – 26th Oct
- Drugs Action Information Session – 26th Oct
- Woking with NPS Users – 26th and 27th Oct
- Aberdeen City Health and Social Care Integration Workshop – 28th Oct
- Substance Misuse Symposium – 29th Oct
October healthpoint Campaign
- healthpoint Campaign: Breast Cancer Awareness
Other Health Campaigns in October
- 1st – 31st October: National Cholesterol Month
- 5th October – 8th November: Take it Right Outside
- 6th October: Bipolar Awareness Day
- 10th October: World Mental Health Day – Dignity
- Aberdeen City ADP Workforce Training Prospectus – new document
- Aberdeen City ADP Service Directory – new document
- Grampian Health and Wellbeing Compendium – new document
- Pharmacy Needle Exchange Services in Grampian – new document
- Evidence Updates – Public Health Key Documents (latest month)
- NHS Health Scotland Health Improvement Alert for Sept 2015 – new document link
- Grampian Health Promoting Schools Substance Misuse Pack – new document
- Smoking Prevention/Tobacco Control in Local Authority Settings – new document
- VSA Annual Report 2014 – new document
- All of Aberdeenshire GIRFEC information can now be found on www.girfec-aberdeenshire.org
- Information and a Report on the ‘Making Aberdeenshire More Active’ event – Aberdeenshire Wellbeing Network
- Health Promoting Health Service area updated
- Improving Health Developing Effective Practice webpage updated to reflect the course’s new blended learning style
- Adult Healthy Weight updated
- All dental and maxillofacial forms can now be found on MCN for Dental and Oral Health Referral Management webpage
- Health Care Team area updated
- healthWorks area updated with new healthWorks Prompt Sheet and Quick Guide
- Keep Well area updated with new documents: Keep Well Third Annual Report and Integrating Approaches to Inequalities Keep Well 2015-16
- Health Promotion Services Team Contacts updated
- Smoking Advice Service (SAS) area updated
- Health and Work area updated
If you have or host an external site with links to HI-Net, please make sure these links are up to date. You will need to contact your website host/content editor and the HI-Net team (see contact details below) to amend any old links.
Please contact us if you have any questions, requests and/or feedback relating to HI-Net. You can do this by using our online Contact Form or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you do not have access to the internet please call the HI-Net Advisor on 01224 558 748.