Welcome to the July/ August 2016 Edition of the HI-Net Bulletin!
If you want to provide any feedback about this bulletin please feel free to get in touch. Also if you have any questions, comments or requests for the HI-Net website in general please drop the HI-Net team an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of July I will be leaving my post as HI-Net Advisor for pastures new- down to Dundee, the City of Discovery! I have really enjoyed my time with HI-Net, and I will be keeping up to date with it when I leave! After July please forward all HI-Net related requests and questions to the generic HI-Net email account: email@example.com until further notice.
Thank you for your time!
- New Online Course from Shelter Scotland: A new Fuel Poverty online course has been developed by Shelter Scotland for health and social care practitioners.To find out more please click on the following link: Healthy Homes Online Course
- Community Food and Health (Scotland) Annual Development Fund: The 2016 Community Food and Health (Scotland) Annual Development Fund is now open for applications. To find out more about the fund and how to apply please visit: Community Food and Health (Scotland) Annual Development Fund
- Self Management Awards 2016 – Nominations: The Self Management Awards 2016 nominations are now open. To nominate and find out more please click here.
- Evaluation of the Quality and Safety in Healthcare Event 2016: The Evaluation of the Quality and Safety in Healthcare Event 2016 is now available. Please click on the following link for more information: Evaluation of the Quality and Safety in Healthcare Event
- More Support for Carers:More support for carers, including young carers, will be considered by the Scottish Government. For more information please visit the Scottish Government Newsroom
- Scottish Cancer Patient Experience Survey: The Scottish Cancer Patient Experience Survey has been published for 2015/16. For more information please visit the Scottish Government Newsroom
Events Calendar – July and August
- Raising the Issue of Smoking Training Course – 26th July
- Raising the Issue of Smoking Training Course – 16th August
- Sexplanation Training – 17th August
- Caring for Smiles – 19th August
- European Health Psychology Society & British Psychological Society Division of Health Psychology Annual Conference 23rd – 27th August
- BBV Training – Safety and Infection Control – 24th August
healthpoint Campaign – July and August
- July – Nutrition and Physical Activity
- August – Self Management
Please click on this link for more information about the healthpoint campaigns for July and August.
Other National/ Global Campaigns – July and August
- New NHS Grampian & NHS Highland Special Care Dentistry Needs Assessment document added to MCN for Oral and Dental Health Special Care webpage.
- Updated UKPHR Registration webpage
- Updated Z-Card healthWorks
- New Free Condoms Distribution Handbook now available
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01224 (5)58748. Also, if you are the author of an area on HI-Net and have any content to update, please get in touch.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated in September.