Welcome to the February 2016 edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin!
All feedback is great, so if you have any comments or questions about the bulletin and/or website please don’t hesitate to contact the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- After some feedback a few adjustments have been made to our Health Campaigns Calendar 2016. Please discard the old one, and download our most up to date version here: HI-Net Health Campaigns Calendar 2016
Alternatively you can go straight to the HI-Net Homepage and find the calendar there.
- The University of Aberdeen is going to host the joint 2016 annual conference of the European Health Psychology Society and the British Psychology Society Division of Health Psychology in August 2016. For more information please visit the Conference Events Webpage
- New alcohol guidelines have now been published and there is a consultancy period about these new guidelines until 1st April. For more information please click on the following link: Health Risks from Alcohol – New Guidelines
- The Chief Medical Officer’s Annual Report for 2014-2015 focuses on ‘Realistic Medicine’. You can access the Annual Report here: CMO Annual Report
- Safer Internet Day takes place on 9th February. This year’s theme is “Play your part for a better internet!” For more information please visit The UK Safer Internet Centre
- The number of child smokers in Scotland has decreased by more than two thirds in the last 20 years according to new statistics. For more information please visit the Scottish Government Newsroom
- The Social Services Knowledge Scotland (SSKS) website contains a wealth of information on social care issues. Visit the SSKS website by clicking on this link: SSKS Website
- Review of Mental Health Services in Scotland 2012-2015 report, produced by the Mental Health Foundation in partnership with Voices of Experience (VOX), is now available to download for free. To access the report please visit: The Mental Health Foundation website
- Aberdeen City Libraries have now developed ‘Healthy Reading’ collections, available in a variety of formats and covering a range of health topics. For more information please visit Aberdeen City Libraries – Healthy Reading
- healthWorks Lunch & Learn – 15th Feb
- Raising the Issue of Smoking Training Course – 22nd Feb
- CafeMED: Save Your Bacon – 22nd Feb
- Viral Hepatitis – Enhancing the Role of Services for Vulnerable Young People – 23rd Feb
- REHIS Elementary Food & Health Course (Nutrition) – 23rd and 24th Feb
- Preventing Radicalisation in Scotland Conference – 23rd Feb
- Improving the Sexual and Reproductive Health of Drug Users – 24th Feb
- Caring for Smiles – Oral Health Promotion – 24th Feb
Other Health Campaigns
- 9th Feb : Safer Internet Day
- 14th Feb: Thinking about Sex Day
- 22nd – 28th Feb: Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- 29th Feb: Rare Disease Day
HI-Net Content Updates
- Updated HI-Net Health Campaigns Calendar 2016
- New Self-Management Strategic Development Paper added to Supported Self Care and Self Management area
- New and Updated training slides added to healthWorks area
- New Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus (BBV) Training Calendar 2016 and updated training leaflets added to Sexual Health and BBV Training webpage.
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on email@example.com or by telephone 01224 (5)58748.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated next month in March.