Traffic Light Reports
The Traffic Lights have been designed to:
- Make it easier to understand health information.
- Provide health and non-health staff with a systematic, structured tool to visualise inequalities.
- Make it easier to see differences between geographical areas.
- Give a starting point for discussion on health issues.
- Flag issues that need to be investigated further.
- Help clinical staff to support health improvement and address health inequalities.
- Assist planners to pinpoint areas and issues for action.
To find out more about Traffic Lights and to view the reports for Grampian, Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray, go to NHS Grampian's Traffic Lights page.
Scottish Public Health Observatory (ScotPHO) Profiles
These profiles, produced by the Scottish Public Health Observatory (ScotPHO) team at the Information Services Division (ISD) of NHS National Services Scotland, highlight the variation in health between areas and help identify priorities for health improvement. Profiles found here include:
- Health and Wellbeing Profiles
- Alcohol and Drugs Profiles
- Tobacco Control Profiles
To view both current and archived ScotPHO profiles please visit the ScotPHO Profiles - Online Profiles Tool (OPT) webpage
Growing Up in Scotland
Growing Up in Scotland (GUS) is the longitudinal research study tracking the lives of thousands of children and their families from birth through to the teenage years and beyond. GUS provides new information to help the Scottish Government and others develop policies and services for children and their families so that all children in Scotland have ‘the best start in life’ .
Find out more by visiting the Growing Up in Scotland website
Scottish Government Statistics
Some examples of sources of National Statistical Information:
- Scottish Neighbourhood Statistics website provides access to a range of statistics on; health, education, poverty, unemployment, housing, population, crime and social/community issues in Scotland. The data is available at a range of different geographic levels.
- Scottish Government Health Statistics provides statistics, surveys and reports relating to the health of Scotland's population.
- Information Services Division (ISD) provides health information, health intelligence, statistical services and advice that support the NHS in progressing quality improvement in health and care.