Membership of HI-Net
New members applying to subscribe with HI-Net from the NHS or partner organisations, such as local authorities and education, will automatically be accepted as members of HI-Net, providing they submit a valid “professional/work” email address with their registration details.
We understand that there will be cases where individuals or organisations may not have a “professional/work” email address and may have to use a commercial email address. A validation process exists for this and is detailed below:-
- All membership details will be checked by HI-Net administration
- If any required criteria are missing or require clarification, HI-Net administration will contact you. It is therefore important to complete all fields in the registration process and give accurate contact details such as telephone number and email address
- If necessary, HI-Net administration may seek clarification of member details from your organisation.
- HI-Net administration will aim to validate membership applications within 5 working days. Please note that there may be circumstances when this will not be possible, and HI-Net administration will keep you informed of any undue delays.
Contributing Information to HI-Net
Members can submit their own documents, events, news and weblinks for inclusion onto HI-Net. A validation process exists to ensure that only valid documents are uploaded onto HI-Net. This process is detailed below:
- The content is initially moderated by HI-Net administration. HI-Net administration may also contact topic specialists regarding the quality and appropriateness of the information. HI-Net administration will also draw on the advice of NHS Grampian regarding the suitability of information for inclusion onto HI-Net.
- HI-Net administration aim to post information submitted within 5 working days of receipt. Please note that there may be circumstances when this will not be possible, and HI-Net administration will keep you informed of any undue delays.
The Discussion Forums are moderated by the HI-Net team. Discussion Forum terms and conditions are detailed below:
- Do not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, racist, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, libellous, pornographic, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy (including posting of photographs without their permission), or anything that violates ANY law.
- Do not post private information about yourself or others.
- Do not post the contents of an email without first obtaining the consent of the sender.
- Do not post any copyrighted material, unless you have the consent of the owner, or you are the owner of the copyright.
- Avoid writing all in UPPERCASE, as this is considered to be the written equivalent of shouting. Please write in the normal way, using UPPER and lower case. UPPERCASE is also harder to read than normal written text.
- Avoid excessive use of emoticons such as J J J J J J J J , large, small or coloured text or excessive abbrev. and punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides being irritating to other contributors, this also makes the text harder to read.
- Try to post to the right forum for your topic. The moderators may move topics to more appropriate forum. Take time to read the forum descriptions before posting.
- Try to choose an appropriate and relevant title for your topic. There may be people researching the contents of the posts.