The aim of the group is to foster efforts to reduce Drug-Related Deaths in Grampian.
It does this by
- clarifying the local definition of drug-related deaths and how this compares to the definition used nationally.
- monitoring trends in Grampian in drug-related deaths, including selected risk factors.
- facilitating the review of drug-related deaths where the person was known to services.
- informing strategic and operational work on the part of Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray, Alcohol and Drug Partnerships in preventing such deaths (e.g. through audit or participation in service reviews).
- It will also keep in mind exploratory work on alcohol-related deaths, consistent with national work.
Terms of reference – to be updated in the near future