Welcome to the March 2016 edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin!
We hope you find this bulletin useful, and like always- we welcome your feedback, requests and comments. Just contact the HI-Net Team on email@example.com to get in touch.
- After more requests we have updated the electronic HI-Net Health Campaigns Calendar. Please click on the calendar image below to download the latest version. You can also print this calendar for your own paper based copy.
- The rights for life declaration has been launched and is based around the rights of individuals affected by mental health issues. For more information please visit Right for Life website
- New funds for equalities and violence against women and girls have now been launched, and are open for applications. For more information please visit Voluntary Action Fund Website
- The Mental Welfare Commission has published a report about patients in learning disability hospital services facing delays in discharge from hospitals. For more information please visit the Mental Welfare Commission website.
- The Scottish Government has published the “2015 Review of Public Health in Scotland: Strengthening the Function and Re-Focussing Action for a Healthier Scotland”. To read the full publication please here: 2015 Review of Public Health in Scotland
- Students from Robert Gordon University took part in a placement involving the Adult Assessment and Rehabilitation Service (CAARS) at City Hospital and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) Central division. To read the full article please click on this link.
- NHS 24’s Health Information Services consultation is open until 22nd March. For more information please visit NHS 24 Health Information Services
- NHS Grampian Health Traffic Lights have now been updated. Please visit www.nhsgrampian.org/trafficlights
- Med Chi Aberdeen ‘The Genomics Revolution: Promise & Reality’ – 3rd March
- Sexplanation – 9th March
- Cafe MED Excellent Research Drives Excellent Care: Huntington’s Disease – 14th MArch
- Raising the Issue of Smoking Training Course – 14th March
- Caring for Smiles Oral Health Promotion – 15th March
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Heart – 17th March
- Viral Hepatitis Enhancing the Role of Services for Vulnerable Young People – 22nd March
- Improving the Sexual and Reproductive Health of Drug Users – 23rd March
- BBV Training Safety & Infection Control – 29th March
- Aberdeen Med Chi James Petrie Memorial Lecture ’40 years of Hypertension: Myths and Messages’ – 30th March
Other Health Campaigns
- No Smoking Day – 9th March
- Disabled Access Day – 12th March
- Nutrition and Hydration Week – 14th to 20th March
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Marie Cure – Great Daffodil Appeal
- New CERGA March 2016 Literature Search
- healthWorks documents updated
- New Aberdeen City ADP Workforce Training Prospectus
- Updated Health Campaigns Calendar
- Latest Public Health Key Documents
- Updated Aberdeen City Public Health Team Contact Details
- New UKPHR Practitioner Registration webpage created, including useful information documents and forms. Please note, the closing date for applications has now passed.
- New NHS Health Scotland Knowledge Services Health Inequalities Alert
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01224 (5)58748.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated next month in April.