Welcome to the January 2016 edition of Grampian’s Health Improvement Network (HI-Net) members’ bulletin and… Happy New Year to everyone!
We hope you find this edition useful and as usual, we welcome all feedback about the bulletin and/or website in general.
- To help keep you up to date with upcoming health campaigns, HI-Net has developed the HI-Net Health Campaigns Calendar 2016!
- 2016 is Year of the Dad! Year of the Dad, organised by Fathers Network Scotland with support from Scottish Government, aims to promote the importance of fathers in both childhood development and parenting. For more information please visit Year of the Dad website
- The Grampian Winter Plan 2015/16 has been developed to manage potential challenges experienced during the Winter period in Grampian. You can access the Grampian Winter here: Grampian Winter Plan for 2015/16
- Scottish Enterprise and the ALLIANCE have created a report called Realising the Benefits of Digital Technology; highlighting the importance, barriers and examples of citizen led innovation for health and wellbeing- specifically relating to digital technologies.
- A new ‘Declaration’ festival, which aims to explore health and human rights, will take place from 3rd to 6th March 2016 in Glasgow. Find out more on the Mental Health Foundation website
Is there any news you would like to share about your work/ team? If so, please contact the HI-Net team on email@example.com to submit your news!
- Med-Chi Lecture: Robotic Surgery – Transformation? – 14th Jan
- **Cafe Med: No Smoke Without E-Cigarettes – 18th Jan
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid Training Course – 18th and 19th Jan
- Raising the Issue of Smoking Training Course – 20th Jan
- Long Term Conditions Conference – 21st Jan
- Caring for Smiles, Oral Health Promotion – 25th Jan
- Primary Care in Scotland: Workforce, Funding and Delivery of Care – 27th Jan
To submit your health improvement event please contact the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org
**please note the date on the last bulletin stated the ‘Cafe Med: No Smoke Without E-Cigarettes’ event was on the 28th January. However this event is actually on the 18th January (as stated above). I apologise for this previous mistake and any inconvenience this may have caused.
Other Health Campaigns
- Dry January – 1st to 31st Jan
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Week – 24th to 30th Jan
- National Bug Busting Day – 31st Jan
- World Leprosy Day – 31st Jan
HI-Net Content Updates
- New HI-Net Health Campaigns Calendar 2016
- New NHS Scotland Health Inequalities Alert Nov/Dec 2015
- Updated Sexual Health and BBV Training Calendar
- Updated Bowel and Bladder Specialist Service (formerly known as Continence Advisory Service).
- New Grampian Naloxone Patient Group Direction Form added to Naloxone section
- Updated Healthy Helpings programme
- healthWorks section updated
- Public Health Key Documents
- CERGA Rapid Literature Reviews updated with 2 new documents
- New and updated Aberdeen City ADP documents