Welcome to the April 2016 edition of the HI-Net Bulletin!
We hope you find the content of this bulletin useful. Remember if you do have any questions/ comments/ requests please get in touch with the HI-Net Team on email@example.com.
- A consultation centered around the implementation of the Mental Health Act (Scotland) 2015, seeks views from people with an interest in mental health services in Scotland. The consultation is online and is open until 30th May 2016. For more information please visit the Scottish Government Newsroom.
- Funding worth over £900,000 has been awarded to voluntary sector organisation that aim to improve the health of people in Scotland. For more information please visit the Scottish Government Newsroom
- On 23rd March, VHS Sounding Board discussed the ‘2016 Review of Public Health’ published in February, and from this the involvement of the third/ voluntary sector organisations in public health. For more information please visit VHS Scotland website
- NHS Health Scotland have developed new eLearning modules which aim to enhance awareness and promote action to reduce health inequalities. For more information please visit NHS Health Scotland website
- Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership are running a consultation for their draft equalities outcomes report.For more information, including associated documents, please click on this link.
- NHS Health Scotland has published the inequality briefing ‘The Economics of Prevention’. For more information please visit NHS Health Scotland website
- Scottish Dietary Goals have been updated and recommend people’s diets consume more fibre and less free sugars. For more information please visit Scottish Government Newsroom
- A new physical activity programme, created by the Scottish Government and the mental health charity SAMH, will encourage people affected by mental ill health to engage in physical activity to improve mental wellbeing. For more information please visit the SAMH Website
- ‘Creating a Healthier Scotland – What Matters to You’ document has now been published following on from the ‘Healthier Scotland National Conversation’. For more information please visit Scottish Government Newsroom
- Aberdeen Med-Chi Birth, Beds And Bacteria: Supporting Maternity Services in Low-Income Countries – 7th APril
- Aberdeen Med-Chi Heritage Evening – Medical Care in Remote Situations – 14th April
- Self Management – Making it Happen for Everyone! – 20th APril
- Cafe MED – A Bright Grey Future? – 25th April
- Raising the Issue of Smoking Training Course – 26th April
Other Health Campaigns
- Bowel Cancer Awareness Month – www.getcheckedearly.org
- World Autism Awareness Day – 2nd April
- World Health Day – 7th April
- Depression Awareness Week – w/c 18th April
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work – 28th April
- On Your Feet Britain – 29th April
- New document – Keep Well Key Findings 2014 – 2015
- New NHS Health Scotland Health Improvement Alert March/ April 2016
- New NHS Health Scotland Health Improvement Alert Feb/March 2016
- New NHS Health Scotland Health Inequalities Alert March 2016
- New document: Aberdeen City ADP Workforce Training Prospectus March 2016
- New document on Aberdeen City Health Promoting Schools webpage: KNOW MORE Project – Parental Substance Misuse Information (2016)
- Updated Pharmacy Needle Exchange Services in Grampian
- New CERGA Document: Parental Influence on Alcohol Use in Adolescents and Young Adults
- Updated Healthy Helpings Programme Starting April 2016
- Latest Public Health Key Documents
If you would like to include your news and/or events in future bulletins please get in touch by contacting the HI-Net team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01224 (5)58748.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of the HI-Net Members’ Bulletin! The next edition will be circulated next month in May.